[webkit-dev] Windows Build Now on VS2015

zan at falconsigh.net zan at falconsigh.net
Tue Aug 25 03:47:04 PDT 2015

On Fri, Aug 14, 2015, at 07:19 PM, Alex Christensen wrote:
> The days of supporting VS2013 are behind us, so if it works with VS2015, go for it.  Not all c++14 features are supported, though.  See https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh567368.aspx#cpp14table
>
> I’m not sure what the oldest gcc we support is.

The oldest GCC we support is 4.7.0.

GCC 5.0 supports all but one C++14 proposal (which covers allocation
optimizations and shouldn't be a blocker):
https://gcc.gnu.org/projects/cxx1y.html

Clang has full C++14 coverage since version 3.4, but I'm not aware of
any incorporated check for a minimal Clang version.

>> On Aug 14, 2015, at 5:49 AM, Antti Koivisto <koivisto at iki.fi> wrote:
>>
>> Does this mean we can start using (most) C++14 features?
>>

>> antti
>>

>> On Wed, Aug 12, 2015 at 6:13 AM, Brent Fulgham
>> <bfulgham at apple.com> wrote:
>>> Hi Floks,

We’ve finished updating the various Windows builds to VS2015. Full
regression tests are now completing on these new builds, and seem to be
comparable in terms of stability and correctness.

Please let me know if you encounter any new issues on Windows. I know
that EA encountered some JavaScript issues in a prior revision, but I
haven’t been able to replicate this problem (at least yet).

VS2015 is churning out a number of new build warnings, which I hope to
address over the coming weeks. It will also likely have some useful
static analysis results in the Windows-specific portions of the code
that we should evaluate.

Thanks,

-Brent