[webkit-dev] Migrating to Visual Studio 2015

Brent Fulgham bfulgham at apple.com
Thu Aug 6 17:43:00 PDT 2015

Hi Everyone,

Now that Visual Studio 2015 Express is available for download, I would like to migrate our Windows builds over to the new compiler.

This will allow us to start taking advantage of more C++14 features, as well as allowing us to remove a number of workarounds we’ve held in our code base to work around compiler errors.

If this poses a problem for anyone currently working on WebKit, please contact me so that we can take appropriate steps to avoid any problems.

Thanks,

-Brent