[webkit-dev] Filling the features.json files

Daryle Walker darylew at mac.com
Wed Apr 8 22:41:30 PDT 2015

On Apr 8, 2015, at 6:45 PM, Benjamin Poulain <benjamin at webkit.org> wrote:

> On 4/8/15 12:01 PM, Bem Jones-Bey wrote:
>>
>> On 4/7/15, 21:09, "Benjamin Poulain" <benjamin at webkit.org> wrote:
>>>
>>> The only mandatory fields are "name" and "status".
>>
>> What are the valid values for the “status” field, and what is the criteria for a feature to be classified under each value?
>
> -"enabled-by-default" tells if the feature is in WebKit nightly.
> -"status" is free text, it will be shown as it is.
> -"shipped" is the list of the first release versions shipping the feature.

Add, at least eventually, a “retired” column for the release version that dropped the feature. Maybe include a list of newer features that (at least partially) replace it. (An empty list would mean no replacement, or none yet.)

> For the status text, I have not made up any rule yet. I used:
> -"Done": fully functional, maybe some minor bugs left.
> -"Prototyping": proof of concept kind of work.
> -"In Development": anything in between the other two. Even something that barely work can use this.
>
> Outside status, you can also add "comment" if you want to clarify something, want feedback, etc.

—
Daryle Walker
Mac, Internet, and Video Game Junkie
darylew AT mac DOT com