[webkit-dev] Filling the features.json files

Benjamin Poulain benjamin at webkit.org
Tue Apr 7 21:09:03 PDT 2015

Hi WebKit,

The two features.json files are in the tree (WebCore/features.json and
JavaScriptCore/features.json). The style checker now checks the basic
structure of the files.

I have added some basic things in there to show the basic structure. I
would like help setting up those lists.

If you have worked on a feature in the last 12 months, and you want to
give it the visibility it deserves, please add it to features.json.

An other type of feature that would be useful for those files are
features that are not as popular as they should (image-set, srcset,
sticky-positioning, etc).

The only mandatory fields are "name" and "status".

Committers can edit those files without reviews. Other contributors can
make patches and ping me for review.

Any question? Email me or poke me on IRC.

Benjamin