[webkit-dev] Streams API

Benjamin Poulain benjamin at webkit.org
Sun Nov 2 22:57:07 PST 2014

It looks like nobody has raised any concern against Streams API. We even
got positive feedback from Anne. :)

I have two concerns:
1) You have many patches waiting for review. I think you need to get
better communication channels with reviewers in order to iterate over
your patches faster. It is unfortunate but getting complex patches
reviewed in WebKit requires poking reviewers directly. Since you work on
the network stack, I suggest asking Alexey (ap) and Pratik (psolanki) on
IRC, they can help with reviews or suggest other reviewers.
2) Streams is a large spec and it touches platform code. Please be
careful with stability, make more tests than reasonable and #ifdef
everything.

I suggest the flag name "ENABLE_STREAMS_API", I find "ENABLE_STREAMS" a
bit too generic.

If you open a meta bug, please send the bug number to the mailing list
for reference.

Good luck :)
Benjamin