[webkit-dev] My builds always fail in build-symbol-table-index.py

Darin Adler darin at apple.com
Sat May 24 19:38:55 PDT 2014

Every time I try to build WebKit I see this failure:

  File "/Users/darin/Safari/OpenSource/Source/JavaScriptCore/build-symbol-table-index.py", line 42, in <module>
    if os.path.getmtime(binary_file) < symbol_table_modification_time:
  File "/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/genericpath.py", line 54, in getmtime
    return os.stat(filename).st_mtime
OSError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/Users/darin/Build/JavaScriptCore.build/Debug/JavaScriptCore.build/Objects-normal/x86_64/*.o'

My build directory is /Users/darin/Build.

Is anyone else seeing this failure? I am building on the latest Mavericks.

I understand that this script is part of our new project to compile DOM code in with the JavaScriptCode in the FTL back end. But what I can I do to get building again?

— Darin