[webkit-dev] Moving ChangeLog-date files into their own subdirectory?

Steven Coul (scoul) scoul at cisco.com
Wed May 7 19:01:34 PDT 2014

Okay,

But then, information in the change logs is also mirrored in the repo log. For instance, could you not do “git log | grep <whatever>” ?

There have been great pains in the past to keep the tree “pure” on the basis that old stuff you might need can be pulled from the repo - is this not just an extension of that?

It strikes me that keeping the logs in this manner is either a limitation in the repo tools, or just a workflow habit that can be changed.

As you allude to, it’s your workflow that requires these files. In that case, could not your workflow simply access the repo history in “some-other-manner” ?

If we are not going to keep functional but currently unused code visible, why bother with ancient-history ?

Just seems a bit inconsistent.

( TBH, I actually don’t care that much, expect when in my own workflow i search for something - and keep forgetting to tell my command line to ignore ChangeLog* ;-) )

Steve "Harry" Coul
scoul at cisco.com