[webkit-dev] Shape-inside removal, bug #130698
zoltan at webkit.org
Tue Mar 25 12:59:31 PDT 2014
CSS Shapes Level 1 (CR ) only contains shape-outside. We are
focusing our effort on finalizing the implementation of shape-outside,
so it's worth to remove shape-inside code at this point for now.
A list of reasons for the removal:
- Shape-inside is only part of Shapes Level 2, which needs to be
improved on some topics.
- Shape-inside is lack of new shapes support (e.g. inset).
- Deprecated shapes (r165472) are removed from the code (e.g.
rectangle), which affects shape-inside.
- The current shape-inside code spreads across the layout code.
- The current shape-inside implementation is experimental in some
areas, and the partially implemented code can have security
- Removal of shape-inside opens possibilities for code complexity and
performance optimizations for shape-outside. (e.g. simpler geometry
I've got the patch reviewed in bug #130698  ready for landing. If
there are no objections, I'll land the patch tomorrow morning.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the webkit-dev