[webkit-dev] DerivedSources.make: Another try?

Darin Adler darin at apple.com
Sun Mar 16 09:37:30 PDT 2014

On Mar 16, 2014, at 9:12 AM, Patrick Gansterer <paroga at paroga.com> wrote:

> The big point is Windows.

So the core issue isn’t really about CMake at all! It’s that the base Windows tool set doesn’t include GNU make or an equivalent. How different is this from other dependencies we have on Windows such as perl and python? Is it a lot easier to get CMake than to get GNU make?

I wonder if there are any options for improving the Windows situation that don’t involve moving both Apple ports over to CMake.

Could also wait to hear from experts like Mark Rowe about what the latest Apple experiences with CMake were.

— Darin