[webkit-dev] Error while building webkit on windows

Baskar CV baskar.cv at hotmail.com
Wed Mar 5 23:35:43 PST 2014

Hi Filip,

Yes gpref was there

Subject: Re: [webkit-dev] Error while building webkit on windows
From: fpizlo at apple.com
Date: Wed, 5 Mar 2014 22:32:36 -0800
CC: bfulgham at apple.com; webkit-dev at lists.webkit.org
To: baskar.cv at hotmail.com

On Mar 5, 2014, at 10:05 PM, Baskar CV <baskar.cv at hotmail.com> wrote:Hi Brent,
Thanks for the reply.
I just checked with the CSSGrammar.y it seems to be fine for for me.
I checked with cygwin too and found grep, flex, and bison installed

... yes, but do you have gperf?
-Filip

Can someone help me on this?

Thanks in advance
BaskarCV
From: bfulgham at apple.com
Date: Wed, 5 Mar 2014 14:21:38 -0800
CC: alex.christensen at flexsim.com; gur.trio at gmail.com; webkit-dev at lists.webkit.org
To: baskar.cv at hotmail.com

Hi,
The problem is with the processing of the CSSGrammar.y file.
On Mar 5, 2014, at 1:52 AM, Baskar CV <baskar.cv at hotmail.com> wrote:10>  ./CSSGrammar.y:62.1: error: syntax error, unexpected end of file
10>  open3: exec of /usr/bin/gcc -E -P -x c++ -DENABLE_3D_RENDERING -DENABLE_CHANNEL_MESSAGING -DENABLE_CSS_BOX_DECORATION_BREAK -DENABLE_CSS_FILTERS -DENABLE_CSS_IMAGE_SET -DENABLE_CSS_REGIONS -DENABLE_CSS_SHAPES -DENABLE_CSS_SHAPE_INSIDE -DENABLE_CSS_STICKY_POSITION -DENABLE_CSS_TRANSFORMS_ANIMATIONS_TRANSITIONS_UNPREFIXED -DENABLE_DETAILS_ELEMENT -DENABLE_FILTERS -DENABLE_FULLSCREEN_API -DENABLE_GEOLOCATION -DENABLE_HIGH_DPI_CANVAS -DENABLE_ICONDATABASE -DENABLE_LEGACY_CSS_VENDOR_PREFIXES -DENABLE_MATHML -DENABLE_MEDIA_CONTROLS_SCRIPT -DENABLE_MEDIA_STATISTICS -DENABLE_METER_ELEMENT -DENABLE_PAGE_VISIBILITY_API -DENABLE_PROMISES -DENABLE_REQUEST_ANIMATION_FRAME -DENABLE_SHARED_WORKERS -DENABLE_SQL_DATABASE -DENABLE_SUBPIXEL_LAYOUT -DENABLE_SVG -DENABLE_SVG_FONTS -DENABLE_TEMPLATE_ELEMENT -DENABLE_VIDEO -DENABLE_VIDEO_TRACK -DENABLE_VIEW_MODE_CSS_MEDIA -DENABLE_WEB_SOCKETS -DENABLE_XHR_TIMEOUT -DENABLE_XSLT /webkit/Source/WebCore/css/CSSGrammar.y.in failed at /webkit/Source/WebCore/bindings/scripts/preprocessor.pm line 81
10>      ...propagated at /webkit/Source/WebCore/css/makegrammar.pl line 84.
10>  /webkit/Source/WebCore/DerivedSources.make:842: recipe for target 'CSSGrammar.cpp' failed
10>  make: *** [CSSGrammar.cpp] Error 2
10>  make: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
10>  CSSPropertyNames.gperf: No keywords in input file!
10>  calling gperf failed: 256 at /webkit/Source/WebCore/css/makeprop.pl line 306.
10>  /webkit/Source/WebCore/DerivedSources.make:785: recipe for target 'CSSPropertyNames.h' failed
10>  make: *** [CSSPropertyNames.h] Error 1
Things to check:
1. Is CSSGrammar.y complete? Make sure the checkout didn’t get messed up in some fashion.2. Do you have gperf, flex, and bison installed?  You need flex/bison to process the grammar file and turn it into the stub implementation.
10>  CSSPropertyNames.gperf: No keywords in input file!

This makes me think that you do NOT have gperf installed. Did you use our Cygwin installer package? Or are you using your own local install?
If you are using your own install from the Cygwin website, you should use the Setup.exe utility and make sure that flex, bison, and gperf are installed.
Thanks,
webkit-dev mailing list
webkit-dev at lists.webkit.org