[webkit-dev] Implement Geometry Interfaces

Anne van Kesteren annevk at annevk.nl
Fri Jun 13 01:53:02 PDT 2014

On Fri, Jun 13, 2014 at 10:32 AM, Ryosuke Niwa <rniwa at webkit.org> wrote:
> I understand your concern and sentiment but I'm having a hard time imagining
> what kind of problems/concerns would TC39 have with these interfaces that
> are clearly prefixed with DOM.

That if they end up as objects in JavaScript engines they end up
leaking outside of browsers affecting other parts of the JavaScript
ecosystem. (And actually, we do run new APIs by TC39 for review, so if
these have passed for review on public-script-coord at w3.org, perhaps
calling out this implementation tactic, that might be sufficient.)

--
http://annevankesteren.nl/