[webkit-dev] Implement Geometry Interfaces

Dirk Schulze dschulze at adobe.com
Fri Jun 13 01:27:08 PDT 2014

>> On Jun 13, 2014, at 10:17 AM, "Anne van Kesteren" <annevk at annevk.nl> wrote:
>>
>> On Fri, Jun 13, 2014 at 10:12 AM, Ryosuke Niwa <rniwa at webkit.org> wrote:
>> What I'm saying is that we can implement it in JavaScriptCore for
>> performance and we still make it look like a regular DOM object with
>> wrappers to preserve the semantics.
>
> I understand that, but given that it is in the JavaScript engine at
> that point, they cannot realistically standardize on a different
> abstraction later on. And I got the impression typed arrays caught
> them off guard, so giving them a heads up this time around might be
> good.

Blink is slowly moving the DOM into the JS engine. That doesn't make the DOM part of ECMAScript or needs approval of TC39. I do not think that typed arrays can be compared to DOMPoint or DOMMatrix. But DOMPoint to the plans of implementing DOM in JSC.

I am interested in implementing the geometry interfaces into JSC. I wonder if we could generate the code from IDL as well. I do not think that this is possible with our code generators today. Is it?

Greetings
Dirk