[webkit-dev] What’s the status of the GObject bindings?

Darin Adler darin at apple.com
Sun Jul 20 08:40:03 PDT 2014

On Jul 20, 2014, at 8:20 AM, Carlos Garcia Campos <carlosgc at webkit.org> wrote:

> GObject DOM bindings are now used in WebKit2 GTK+ using web extensions (injected bundle) API.

OK, understood. Thanks!

The reason I didn’t realize that would be so is that on OS X and iOS we chose not to use Objective-C bindings in the injected bundle. Sam Weinig or Anders Carlsson might be able to explain why.

This obviously doesn’t mean the GObject decision is wrong, however it is a difference in strategy between ports.

— Darin