[webkit-dev] Windows (Temporary) Build Turmoil

Brent Fulgham bfulgham at apple.com
Wed Jul 9 22:53:16 PDT 2014

If you don’t care about building WebKit on Windows, you can stop reading now!

Still here?  Okay:

I’m attempting to make the Windows build rely less on the Cygwin tool chain. There are a number of reasons for this, but one of the major benefits I hope to derive is to reduce the amount of effort required to successfully build WebKit on Windows.

In service of that goal, I am actually making things slightly more complicated: you now need to install a Windows build of Perl and Python, You can use ActiveState’s builds (http://downloads.activestate.com), or the ‘official’ Windows ports of these products.

If you encounter any problems with this “dual Perl/dual Python” situation, please let me know and I’ll work to resolve whatever difficulty you encounter. However, based on my testing on our internal build machines I do not anticipate you will have any trouble.

Thanks,

-Brent