[webkit-dev] Proposal: Remove ENABLE(SVG)

Dirk Schulze krit at webkit.org
Tue Jan 28 16:55:23 PST 2014

On Jan 28, 2014, at 4:51 PM, Philip Rogers <pdr at google.com> wrote:

This will make hacking on WebKit much easier. For better or worse, SVG is
tightly coupled with the rest of rendering/. We recently measured SVG usage
on the web and found 10% of all pageviews contain SVG.

Do you plan to remove ENABLE(SVG_FONTS) as well?

This is about SVG, not SVG_FONTS. And I agree that SVG can be removed. Not
the latter at this point.

Greetings,
Dirk

On Tue, Jan 28, 2014 at 4:34 PM, Andreas Kling <akling at apple.com> wrote:
This sounds good to me.

A WebKit without SVG support is scarcely a WebKit at all.

On Jan 28, 2014, at 4:13 PM, Sam Weinig <weinig at apple.com> wrote:

> Hi Everyone,
>
> While we are discussing removing #ifdefs that everyone has enabled, I'd
like to propose removing ENABLE(SVG), as every port has SVG enabled.  The
only argument I have heard for keeping it around is to keep a "minimal
build" working, but I don't think the clutter of the #ifdefs is worth that.