[webkit-dev] Make accelerated compositing mandatory

Martin Robinson mrobinson at webkit.org
Tue Jan 28 10:19:25 PST 2014

On Tue, Jan 28, 2014 at 10:00 AM, Anders Carlsson <andersca at apple.com> wrote:
> This begs the question: How widely used is the GTK+ port of WebKit on
> Windows? Do enough people use it that it's worth the maintenance burden for
> the other ports that use accelerated compositing?

An example of a browser that uses WebKitGTK+ on Windows is Midori:
http://midori-browser.org/download/choose/

If it is at-all helpful, we don't have WebKit2 support for the GTK+
port on Windows. So if the majority of the maintanance burden is in
WebKit2, there should be no problem with removing the non-AC code in
WebKit2.

--Martin