[webkit-dev] Nix future

Luciano Wolf luciano.wolf at openbossa.org
Thu Jan 16 11:20:43 PST 2014

Hi Webkittens,

During the last weeks, people interested in using or experimenting
with Nix have been asking us about the upstreaming process, how long
Nix will be supported, etc. The answer has always been in the lines of
“we're working hard to make it last for a long time” -- and that was
true.

However, now we have a definitive answer, as this week we were
notified that the resources of the Nix project will be redirected to
other areas/projects. In practice, it means we won't be able to keep
our efforts with its development and the upstreaming process and all
activities related to Nix are going to stop by the end of this
month[1].

We are going to remove Nix from trunk in the next days but the code
will remain on our usual github[2] page, for the interested parties.
If you have any question or specific interest on Nix, please don't
hesitate to contact us.

We would like to thank especially the Szeged team for developing new
features, tests, bugfixes, Benjamin Poulain and others from the Apple
team and WebKit community as a whole for reviewing and supporting the
upstreaming process.

Regards,
Nix Team

[1] https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JSUIQgEVDM4