[webkit-dev] get an object name in jsc

Filip Pizlo fpizlo at apple.com
Wed Apr 16 07:26:25 PDT 2014

What you ask for is impossible.

Formally what you want is a reverse pointer mapping and then you want to do a search of the reverse map from an object and if this ends up at a local variable then you want to ask for its name.

- we don't track reverse pointer maps because it would be insanely expensive. Though it might be interesting for a debug mode.

- if a local variable pointed at the heap, we wouldn't be able to tell you which one, since our stack scan is conservative.

-Fil