[webkit-dev] Invalid file committed on the Webkit tree for windows

Van Den Berghe, Vincent Vincent.VanDenBerghe at bvdinfo.com
Tue Sep 24 06:47:02 PDT 2013

Indeed it has been corrected.

It's all my fault: I made the mistake of getting the webkit "trunk" to get the latest version. Sadly, the trunk rarely builds correctly under Windows, which is something I realized recently.
For example, the latest version (156328 as I'm writing this) doesn't build correctly, and has compile errors like this for WebCore:

..\platform\graphics\GraphicsContext3DPrivate.cpp(78): error C3861: 'client': identifier not found
..\platform\graphics\GraphicsContext3DPrivate.cpp(79): error C2227: left of '->platformLayerWillBeDestroyed' must point to class/struct/union/generic type

What do you guys do if you want the latest and greatest successfully-built Wincairo-Webkit?

From: Brent Fulgham [mailto:bfulgham at apple.com]
Sent: Friday, September 20, 2013 6:08 PM
To: Konstantin Tokarev
Cc: Van Den Berghe, Vincent; webkit-dev at lists.webkit.org
Subject: Re: [webkit-dev] Invalid file committed on the Webkit tree for windows

This appears to have been corrected in r156161.



On Sep 20, 2013, at 2:20 AM, Konstantin Tokarev <annulen at yandex.ru<mailto:annulen at yandex.ru>> wrote:

20.09.2013, 13:16, "Van Den Berghe, Vincent" <Vincent.VanDenBerghe at bvdinfo.com<mailto:Vincent.VanDenBerghe at bvdinfo.com>>:


When doing an SVN update to get the latest WebKit tree on Windows, I get the following error:

Failed to run the WC DB work queue associated with

'C:\cygwin\home\vvdb\WebKit\LayoutTests\fast\hidpi\resources', work item

193377 (file-install LayoutTests/fast/hidpi/resources/image?test.png 1 0 1 1)

Can't move 'C:\cygwin\home\vvdb\WebKit\.svn\tmp\svn-9BDA1924' to


The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect.

The reason is that "image?test.png' is not a valid filename on Windows. What's worse, after this error the "svn cleanup" doesn't work anymore because SVN tries to undo something that can't be done by definition.

The only way to restore the local tree to a valid state is either (1) restore it from a backup, or (2) find the entry in .svn/wc.db (which is an sqlite database) and remove it manually.

There should be a way for these kinds of problems to be prevented or corrected as soon as possible (being able to "svn update" is kind of a fundamental thing). I can't even patch because my tree is invalid L.

You can use git mirror instead of svn to be resistant to such issues when they happen.

webkit-dev mailing list
webkit-dev at lists.webkit.org<mailto:webkit-dev at lists.webkit.org>

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://lists.webkit.org/pipermail/webkit-dev/attachments/20130924/3da81d99/attachment.html>

More information about the webkit-dev mailing list