[webkit-dev] Loading and unloading webkit, threading, AtomicString and crashes

Alexey Proskuryakov ap at webkit.org
Sun Sep 15 10:52:08 PDT 2013

15.09.2013, в 08:53, "Van Den Berghe, Vincent" <Vincent.VanDenBerghe at bvdinfo.com> написал(а):

>     static AtomicString lucidaStr("Lucida Grande");

It is a mistake to use static objects with destructors in WebKit - we don't want to waste time destructing them at process termination time. To fix this issue, DEFINE_STATIC_LOCAL should be used.

In a somewhat dated checkout I have on this machine, I found 5 instances of "static AtomicString" in WebCore, and none in WebKit/win.

- WBR, Alexey Proskuryakov