[webkit-dev] Changes in QtWebKit development

Albisser Zeno Zeno.Albisser at digia.com
Fri Sep 13 04:50:17 PDT 2013

Hello WebKittens

As many of you have probably noticed already, we have recently been focusing on a project called Qt WebEngine. Our WebKit efforts have therefore been reduced significantly over the past weeks.
While we will keep shipping QtWebKit with Qt for the foreseeable future, we want to concentrate our efforts on Qt WebEngine.
Therefore we are planning some changes to our development setup. In particular we are planning to remove our QtWebKit/Mac and QtWebKit/Windows builds from WebKit trunk. We will keep maintaining these platforms in a separate branch through the Qt project’s gerrit infrastructure.
This essentially means our presence in trunk will be reduced to QtWebKit/Linux.

We are planning to gradually implement the required changes within the next month.
If this proves to bring significant issues for some development, please do let us know and we can sort out a way to work together on a phase-out process.

The Digia QtWebKit Team.