[webkit-dev] TimerWindowWndProc and dangling page instances

Darin Adler darin at apple.com
Fri Sep 13 00:51:21 PDT 2013

On Sep 13, 2013, at 12:42 AM, "Van Den Berghe, Vincent" <Vincent.VanDenBerghe at bvdinfo.com> wrote:

> And call this method as the first line of Page’s destructor:
>
> Page::~Page()
> {
>     m_settings->clearPage();
>     m_mainFrame->setView(0);

You’ve got it exactly right. This issue is not at all specific to Windows.

Page does need to disconnect itself from Settings. Normally we’d name this something other than clearPage, like detachFromPage.

And we’d want to clear out m_page and also call m_setImageLoadingSettingsTimer.stop() in that function. We also need to check m_page for null in various other functions since there’s no guarantee that callers won’t call those other functions after the Page has gone away.

Please file a bug and contribute a patch if you like. Put me on the cc list of the bug, please.

-- Darin