[webkit-dev] Should SATURATED_ARITHMETIC_LAYOUT be forced when enabling SUBPIXEL_LAYOUT ?

Javier Fernandez jfernandez at igalia.com
Mon Sep 9 04:40:13 PDT 2013

Hi,

On 09/06/2013 10:12 PM, Ryosuke Niwa wrote:
> Thanks for the analysis!  Perhaps we should merge two build flags and
> turn on the saturated arithmetic whenever subpixel is enabled.

I think that would be the ideal solution, since it has been probed
enabling SUPIXEL_LAYOUT
only implies actual potential problems. I posted a patch to 118595 (the
bug which spot this issue)
to reduce the max-height value a bit without altering the purpose of the
test. This issue could be tracked in the bug I filled specifically for
this, 119273; I could implement a patch here to merge both flags, since
it would solve the bug.

However, I think some feedback from the maintainers of the affected
ports would be really appreciated. For the case of the gtk+ port, I'm
currently investigating 120583, but I think it won't be a problem. I'll
try to gather feedback form the ports maintainers, tough.

--
Javi