[webkit-dev] [AppleMac] : HTML5 Video tag is enabled by MacOsX. But how does it work => and with which player by default ?

Konstantin Tokarev annulen at yandex.ru
Tue Oct 15 07:21:39 PDT 2013

15.10.2013, 17:37, "gstreamer MACOSX" <gstreamermacosx at gmail.com>:
> First, thanks a lot for your useful tips, Konstantin, Hugo.
> Second, let's assume I expect to change player:- from "natural" default solution => Source/WebCore/platform/graphics/mac/MediaPlayerPrivateQTKit.*
>
> - to another one that is GSTREAMER
>
> What would be the trick to evolve properly from Quicktime to Gst ?
> Hugo told us about Source/WebCore/platform/graphics/gstreamer/MediaPlayerPrivateGStreamer.cpp
> but invited us to read http://hackerslab.eu/blog/2013/01/migration-to-gstreamer-1-x-for-webkit/ as a pre-requisite
>
> However, I dare here to request safe and clear procedure to migrate properly, efficiently.

Switching audio&video implementation in WebKit is a matter of switching MediaPlayerPrivate implementations, i.e. in your case you need to enable MediaPlayerPrivateGStreamer and disable MediaPlayerPrivateQTKit in Source/WebCore/platform/graphics/MediaPlayer.cpp and build system[*].

The only thing that can make you troubles is that MediaPlayerPrivate implementations might have different fractions of API implemented and different level of HTML standard compliance.

[*] E.g, this way I've implemented HTML5 video&audio support for embedded platform with in-house playback API.

Konstantin