[webkit-dev] [WinCairo] : ENABLE_VIDEO => how to activate HTML5 video tag ?

Mital Vora mital.d.vora at gmail.com
Mon Oct 14 09:39:17 PDT 2013

Hi,

I have few questions regarding move to Gstreamer.

* are we gonna replace the existing openssl and curl with libsoup ?

* are we considering any other possibilities besides gstreamer like ffmpeg (
http://www.ffmpeg.org/) or any other.

By moving to gstreamer would increase dependencies size a lot as the all
GTK base libraries would be included by default and this would be concern
to atleast few of us who does not want to increase the webkit base
dependencies library by huge amount.

I may be missing something here..  can anybody clarify the advantages of
moving to gtk based gstreamer over the other side like the binary size
increase.

Regards,

Mital Vora.