[webkit-dev] Proposal: Add support for focus rings in Canvas 2d

Chris Fleizach cfleizach at apple.com
Fri Oct 11 00:14:40 PDT 2013

Hi

The naming of these methods also made it a bit confusing for me.

It appears that drawCustomFocusRing   just updates the accessibility rectangle -- while the system variant does that, and draws the normal focus ring.
In the former case, it doesn't really draw anything, it just allows an AT to retrieve the bounding box of the focused item.

It seems that for this to be useful for ATs, you'd have to iterate every object in your canvas and call at least drawCustomFocusRing once. Then when the item actually did become focused, you'd have to call drawSystemFocusRing.

I don't know what others think, but I think accessibility work is best done on demand.

In this case I could imagine something like a RectangleRequestEvent be dispatched that the canvas could intercept.
	The event would have the Element in question as a data member of the Event.
	The canvas could set the rectangle in the event for that element

Then this work would only have to be done when requested