[webkit-dev] Wink browser

Karen Shaeffer shaeffer at neuralscape.com
Thu Oct 10 18:50:19 PDT 2013

On Thu, Oct 10, 2013 at 07:08:20PM -0600, Alex Christensen wrote:
> With the removal of Chromium and Qt, there are no projects of which I am aware that allow Windows users to use WebKit with content from the open internet. I've started a web browser project I'm calling "Wink" to get the public to use WebKit on Windows, and I'm collecting crash reports with stack traces to allow me to locate and fix common crashes.
>
> I've created Winkbrowser.org and Winkbrowser.org/nightly.php as a start. Could whoever manages nightly.webkit.org please send me some example code? You might have noticed that writing aesthetically pleasing php isn't exactly my strength.
>
> I hope this will be seen as beneficial to the WebKit community.
>
> Alex Christensen

Hi Alex,
I suggest you consider switching over to node.js. And then you don't have to waste
time with php. With node.js, you can do all your server side scripting with javascript.
And any critical code can be written in c++ and linked directly into node.js in a
number of ways. That is very efficient, because you'll be working with javascript and
c++ anyway.

Just a suggestion. One thing is node.js is nascent technology, so you want to be extra
careful about security. There are ways to mitigate those issues, if you think about it.

enjoy,
Karen
--
Karen Shaeffer                 Be aware: If you see an obstacle in your path,
Neuralscape Services           that obstacle is your path.        Zen proverb