[webkit-dev] webkit-patch and clearing flags

Darin Adler darin at apple.com
Wed May 29 10:09:47 PDT 2013

On May 29, 2013, at 9:21 AM, Bem Jones-Bey <bjonesbe at adobe.com> wrote:

> Would it be reasonable for webkit-patch to not clear flags on an attachement when it obsoletes it if there's an r+? Maybe it doesn't actually matter (i.e. I know I can still commit the patch), but it bothers me when it clears away an r+ because I forgot to tell it --no-obsolete when I'm updating a patch for nits.

Yes, we should make some change like this.

The problem is that it complicates writing a query that looks for reviewed-but-not-yet-landed patches. We need to solve that problem too.

It’s valuable to keep the history of what has been reviewed.

It’s valuable to conveniently find patches that have been reviewed but not landed.

-- Darin