[webkit-dev] Could it be possble to run WebKit from different threads (not simultaneously)?

Pedriana, Paul ppedriana at ea.com
Mon May 27 14:38:43 PDT 2013

>I am a little confused by the form of this question.
> What you should be looking for is aspects of WebKit that do not work with
> that execution model. You don't need to find the things that "could potentially
> support" it. You need to find the things that don't work. But maybe that's what you mean.

Yes, that's what I meant. Sorry for the wording.

> It's straightforward to get this mostly working, probably a matter of weeks. Given our
> experience with iOS I would say that getting it to work reliably is probably a multi-month
> or even multi-year project for a determined team with multiple WebKit experts.

That's for enabling it to run in multiple threads at separate times? I wouldn't think #1 and #3
would be a problem for us, as we have tight control on our side over when WebKit is entered.
It's not clear to me at this point what we would need to do about AtomicStringTable and its usage.

Thanks.