[webkit-dev] when updating an inline element, webkit does not redraw the screen until a block-level change happens in the DOM

Luis de Bethencourt luis at debethencourt.com
Mon May 27 14:19:45 PDT 2013

Hello all,

When updating an inline element, the browser does not redraw the screen
until a block-level change happens in the DOM. I have searched around
online and seen many web developers having this problem and forcing a
refresh to work around it. By changing the zoom level to 1.1 and back to
1.0, by using eloffsetHeight in the element, or with el.hide().show().

I presume this is a known issue due to performance optimizations, but I
can't find a related bug in bugzilla.

Is this issue known and has it been reported?

Thanks,
Luis