[webkit-dev] Enabling new features in WebKit + prefixing

Mark Rowe mrowe at apple.com
Sun May 12 22:34:27 PDT 2013

On 2013-05-04, at 15:32, Dean Jackson <dino at apple.com> wrote:

> This is a brief summary of yesterday's discussion at the contributors' meeting. If there is no strong disagreement here then I'll add this to the wiki.
>
> New Features
>
> - The rule of sending an email to webkit-dev when you're about to start work on a new feature remains in place. The idea here is that the community can support or object to the feature even being in the tree.
>
> - Once the implementation of the feature is ready for use, send another email to webkit-dev announcing your intentions to enable the feature in nightly builds. How do you know when something is "ready for use”?

By “nightly builds” do we mean “all ports in tip of tree”? If so, can we please say that instead? “Nightly builds” refer to a specific subset of builds produced from tip of tree and unless the intent is to enable the features for that subset alone, and no other builds, it’s confusing to phrase things in this way.

- Mark