[webkit-dev] Compiling WebKit up to 25% faster in Windows?

Daniel Bratell bratell at opera.com
Wed Mar 27 10:19:15 PDT 2013

Den 2013-03-27 02:11:45 skrev Nico Weber <thakis at chromium.org>:

> On Tue, Mar 26, 2013 at 4:51 PM, Daniel Bratell <bratell at opera.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Den 2013-03-26 21:20:10 skrev Dirk Pranke <dpranke at chromium.org>:
>>

>>  If we have consensus that we should just switch to paths relative to
>>> Source
>>> (or maybe a couple different options), that would be (IMO) a big win.
>>> It
>>> sounds like Daniel & co. have already done the big bang conversion.
>>>

>> Not the whole conversion, no. Just enough to confirm the suspicion that
>> it
>> affects compile time in Windows.
>>
>> As other people in the thread have mentioned there are some tricky areas
>> so before investing too much time in this, it seemed to be best to check
>> with people with longer experience of the code if there was something
>> we've
>> missed.
>>
>> Though the conversion is scripted so it can possibly be applied to large
>> portions of the source code and then the tricky areas can be manually
>> fixed.
>

> Can you share your scripts, so that we can measure how this changes
> things
> on other platforms?

I can show it to you but it's not creating a compilable set of sources. It
has bugs and you need to go through the source and fix a lot.

http://pastebin.com/JSFzFwTt has the last version I have access to.
Another guy here have a better version but he's celebrating easter
somewhere so I haven't been able to get access to it today. :-p

/Daniel