[webkit-dev] Compiling WebKit up to 25% faster in Windows?

Martin Robinson mrobinson at webkit.org
Tue Mar 26 17:20:14 PDT 2013

On Tue, Mar 26, 2013 at 1:31 PM, Ryosuke Niwa <rniwa at webkit.org> wrote:
> Another idea.  What you copied all headers into one directory (in a pre
> compilation step) and used that as the single include directory?

I don't dare chime in about full paths versus short paths, but I'd
like to point out that many ports already have tooling in place to
emulate Mac style framework includes for WebKit2.

For instance, #include <WebCore/Page.h> works via a script that scans
source files and creates (hard, I believe) links in a single
directory. This script is surely easily adaptable to use on a
project-wide basis. So, if we decide that a shorter search path is a
win, it doesn't necessarily mean full paths.

--Martin