[webkit-dev] Compiling WebKit up to 25% faster in Windows?

Ryosuke Niwa rniwa at webkit.org
Tue Mar 26 11:37:03 PDT 2013

On Tue, Mar 26, 2013 at 11:21 AM, Daniel Bratell <bratell at opera.com> wrote:

> Is this something that has been talked about in the past, and would you be
> interested in replacing the long list of directories to search for every
> include with paths (relative some good base) directly in the include
> directives?

Using explicit paths to include files has been talked about in the past;
e.g. https://lists.webkit.org/pipermail/webkit-dev/2011-November/018632.html

The most convincing counter argument I can remember is that it'll make
refactoring harder because you'll have to update all #include's when you
move headers.

It would be great if we can figure out if this also improves the build time
on Mac/Linux.

- R. Niwa