[webkit-dev] Please don't land patches without rebaselining tests for at least one platform

Glenn Adams glenn at skynav.com
Thu Mar 21 17:38:23 PDT 2013

On Thu, Mar 21, 2013 at 6:11 PM, Ryosuke Niwa <rniwa at webkit.org> wrote:

> On Thu, Mar 21, 2013 at 5:10 PM, Glenn Adams <glenn at skynav.com> wrote:

>>> I do have a Retina MBP too but I don't use it to work on the rendering
>>> engine precisely because of this issue.  It's expected that every
>>> contributor has access to a machine where he/she can run layout tests.
>>>  Retina MBP is not such a machine.
>>>

>> Well, it's been working for me.
>>

> The fact you appears to be contributing patches without appropriate
> rebaselines seems to indicate that it's not working for us.

Oh, please point out a case of "without appropriate rebaseline". Please
point out in the documentation where "appropriate rebaseline" is defined. I
think you are making unwarranted assumptions here. If you can't define or
understand a process where I can contribute using a MBP Retina, then I
think you are imposing an arbitrary, unwarranted restriction on the
community. I have been contributing successfully, ergo, it is working.

Many are contributing WebCore layout and rendering patches using a wide
variety of platforms, not all of which match your platform assumptions. It
is not reasonable to claim they aren't contributing positively or that
their contributions don't work.