[webkit-dev] Best way to disable JavaScript

Geoffrey Garen ggaren at apple.com
Tue Mar 19 11:12:37 PDT 2013

> ----------------------------------------|-------------------------------------------
> When plugins are enabled but javascript | When plugins are enabled but javascript is
> is not, plugins can execute script      | not, plugins cannot execute script

Point of clarification: For compatibility reasons, I think both implementations may need to block plugin scripting if scripting is in the disabled state. Not doing so might break well-known plug-in techniques for detecting whether JavaScript is enabled in the page, and displaying a "please enable JavaScript" UI via the plug-in.

Geoff