[webkit-dev] Best way to disable JavaScript

Elliott Sprehn esprehn at chromium.org
Mon Mar 18 09:49:21 PDT 2013

On Sun, Mar 17, 2013 at 8:26 PM, Geoffrey Garen <ggaren at apple.com> wrote:

> There are problems with mode (2):
>
> * It breaks features that are implemented in JavaScript.
>
> The Web Inspector, bookmarklets, extensions, Safari Reader, and Safari
> autofill all run JavaScript. This means that they break when users disable
> JavaScript.

The web inspector works even with JS disabled in Safari (I filed the very
first bug about this actually back when it crashed :)) and I just tested
and Reader works fine too.

Are there any examples of browser provided UI that actually breaks with JS
disabled? I'm pretty sure those all run in different worlds.

- E