[webkit-dev] New web-facing canvas feature: "opaque" attribute

Stephen White senorblanco at chromium.org
Wed Mar 13 09:15:04 PDT 2013

Hi WebKittens,

I'm planning to implement the canvas "opaque" attribute, as proposed here:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-whatwg-archive/2013Mar/0109.html.

This is an attribute that causes the allocation of an opaque backing store
for <canvas>, allowing optimizations at the time the canvas is composited
into the page, such as disabling blending and culling obscured content.  It
is based on the moz-opaque attribute currently shipping in Firefox.

I'll be placing the feature behind the build-time flag
ENABLE(OPAQUE_CANVAS).

Let me know if you have any comments or concerns.

Stephen