[webkit-dev] Webkit 2 drawing

Gwang-Yoon Hwang ryumiel at company100.net
Wed Jun 5 01:26:38 PDT 2013

(I'm sorry to resend this email. I used wrong e-mail address.)

WK2 Qt port uses WebCoordinatedSurface to share a bitmap between processes.
(It is a surface for Coordinated Graphics).

And it's backed by ShareableBitmapQt.

You can take a look at:
Source/WebKit2/Shared/CoordinatedGraphics/WebCoordinatedSurface
Source/WebKit2/Shared/qt/ShareableBitmapQt

On Wed, Jun 5, 2013 at 3:08 PM, Vishvesh Community
<vishvesh.com at gmail.com>wrote:

> Thank Tim. I am using qt port.
>

> On Wed, Jun 5, 2013 at 11:03 AM, Tim Horton <timothy_horton at apple.com>wrote:
>

>> On Jun 4, 2013, at 10:18 PM, Vishvesh Community <vishvesh.com at gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>> Hi All,
>>       I have been going through the webkit 2 code. But I am not able to
>> findout how the bitmaps are shared between the webprocess and the UI
>> process. Can anybody point me to the appropriate class or share some
>> details on it?
>>

>> It depends on the port. Which port are you looking at?
>>
>> (Mac WebKit2 uses remotely-hosted CoreAnimation layers, FWIW, so it’s
>> kind of “magic” from WebKit2’s perspective).
>>
>> You should look at and around the DrawingArea implementations.
>>
>> Thanks and Regards,
>> Vishvesh

Gwang Yoon Hwang

Company100, Inc.