[webkit-dev] Common build system (was Re: WebKit Wishes)

Alexey Proskuryakov ap at webkit.org
Thu Jan 31 09:53:27 PST 2013

30.01.2013, в 17:14, Dirk Pranke <dpranke at chromium.org> написал(а):

> CMake was originally considered a non-starter for chromium since the
> XCode and VS projects it produced didn't look or feel like native
> projects.

I think that this is the key consideration here. Whatever the pains of modifying multiple build systems files are, reading and - to a lesser extent - modifying actual code is the most important activity to optimize for.

It's not so helpful to have an easy way to add code if the only reason you are adding it is that you could not easily navigate the code base to find an already existing solution.

To me personally, this means that Xcode project files need to be fully usable.

- WBR, Alexey Proskuryakov