[webkit-dev] Media Server Development

Kiran K kiran.pesit at gmail.com
Thu Jan 31 09:34:49 PST 2013

HI All,

I am working on QtWebKit  on Media Server development. Basic Idea is to run
Gstreamer in seperate process which acts like a Media server. The calls
from WebKit in MediaPlayerPrivateGStreamer.cpp are routed to Media Server
via DBUS. Media Server implements the methods in
MediaPlayerPrivateGStreamer class. I am basically doing this to have
control over the resources like maximum playback instances, hw codec
control etc. I am able to do achieve playback to some extent. I am facing
some problems  (race conditions) especially when deleting playback
instance. From the logs i concluded that when duration() function is made
and is waiting for response from server, ~MediaPlayerPrivateGStreamer
destructor is getting called. (some times vice versa too). I am suspecting
that the MediaPlayer object is being shared between two threads (or across
timers). Can anybody give me some pointers about HTMLMediaElement  and the
timers involved? Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Arun