[webkit-dev] WebKit2GTK+ breakage due to removal of WKPageResourceLoadClient

Xan Lopez xan at gnome.org
Mon Jan 21 06:27:47 PST 2013

On Mon, Jan 21, 2013 at 2:53 PM, Mario Sanchez Prada
<mario.prada at samsung.com> wrote:
> Hi,

(...)

> If anyone could drop some light on this issue or provide some pointers to
> better understand the motivation of this change, I’d really appreciate that.
> I understand rolling r140285 might be not the best option at this point, yet
> I’d personally rather not keep the WebKit2GTK+ broken for too long.

As has been discussed in the list (see
http://lists.webkit.org/pipermail/webkit-dev/2013-January/023255.html)
the new development model for WebKit2 basically means this can happen
at any time, and the broken pieces are for each port to keep and put
back together. So I doubt reverting the patch is an option (in fact
this is essentially the intended result of the new policy), we just
need to figure out how to deal with this as fast as we can (which I
think will be "too long" by any reasonably standard, but such is
life).

Xan