[webkit-dev] Need information regarding CSS3 extension

Julien Chaffraix julien.chaffraix at gmail.com
Sun Jan 20 19:14:16 PST 2013

> I want to write CSS3 extension, I don’t have any idea about it. I saw
> the code related to css in webkit but I am getting difficulties to map
> it. I. want to develop own tag like webkit-animation..... Please let
> me know if anyone having any idea about CSS extension.

This question is not for webkit-dev unless you intend to submit your
extension (in which case it would need a standard and some vendors'
buy-in but that's orthogonal). Please ask any follow up question to
webkit-help.

The best way to add new CSS _properties_ (not tags which are an HTML
concept) is to follow the example of other changes doing exactly that
e.g [1] and [2]. What is of interest to you are the changes in
WebCore/css/ and WebCore/rendering/style, the rest of the changes is
the logic required to render the new properties.

Hope it helps,
Julien

[1] http://trac.webkit.org/changeset/126105
[2] http://trac.webkit.org/changeset/118853