[webkit-dev] Changing Github repository to mirror git.webkit.org (was Github vs. git.webkit.org)

Jesus Sanchez-Palencia jesus at webkit.org
Mon Jan 14 11:12:20 PST 2013

Hi,

Just yet another quick heads-up:

> 2013/1/14 Jesus Sanchez-Palencia <jesus at webkit.org>:
>> We have decided that the best approach for this is to start a new
>> repository (webkit-mirror), delete the old one
>> (https://github.com/WebKit/webkit) and then rename the new repository.

I had to change my strategy here after talking to a few people on #github.
It seems that doing a "git push -f" to the current repository
(https://github.com/WebKit/webkit) will actually have less impact on
people branching/forking it on github. In other words, it should be
less painful to rebase your fork on github for the new hashes after
I'm done with the setup.

I will let you know when the switching is done.

Cheers,
jesus