[webkit-dev] Best practices for landing new/changed layout test expectations?

Dirk Pranke dpranke at google.com
Mon Feb 25 14:48:13 PST 2013

On Mon, Feb 25, 2013 at 2:05 PM, Ryosuke Niwa <rniwa at webkit.org> wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 25, 2013 at 1:39 PM, Dirk Pranke <dpranke at google.com> wrote:
>> Are you suggesting we should land a "failling" baseline in the meantime?
>

> No. I'm suggesting patch authors perform their due diligence and either ask
> port maintainers to rebaseline or rebaseline tests themselves.

I think either you misunderstood my question, or I am misunderstanding
your answer. I'm not asking "who", I'm asking "what" ...

If we know some tests are failing, and when we fix a bug the tests
will start passing again (but that patch might not land for quite some
time), what should we (anyone) do in the meantime? Leave the tree red,
land "incorrect" -expected baselines so that we can catch changes in
behavior, or add lines to TestExpectations? Many of the lines you
cited fell into the last category.

-- Dirk