[webkit-dev] sln files with wrong line endings

Darin Adler darin at apple.com
Thu Feb 14 08:11:55 PST 2013

Typically in Subversion the fix for a problem like this is to set the eol-style explicitly; presumably to CRLF for Windows project and solution files and to LF or native for plain old source files. Once that property is set, people changing file later on can’t cause problems with inconsistent line endings, because Subversion will check the line endings at commit time.

I have no idea how having git in the mix affects this. In fact, I don’t know how to set a Subversion property using git-svn which means I can’t easily just jump in and fix this like I would have in the past.

-- Darin