[webkit-dev] Opera and WebKit

Håkon Wium Lie howcome at opera.com
Wed Feb 13 06:39:46 PST 2013

Morten Stenshorne wrote:

 > Shezan Baig <shezbaig.wk at gmail.com> writes:
 >
 > > I'm very interested in following the multicolumn changes you submitted - in
 > > particular the changes for page floats and column spans, but I couldn't find
 > > the relevant bugs,  Do you happen to have links for those?
 >
 > For now we will only submit some general and rather minor multicol
 > layout improvements. Support for page floats and multicol nesting isn't
 > ready yet, and we'd also better discuss it with the code owners before
 > submitting anything as substantial as that.

Indeed. HTML/CSS code examples for the more ambitious parts are
available from here, along with screenshots:

  http://people.opera.com/howcome/2013/02-reader/

We hope there is interest in the WebKit commmunity to add solid
support for multicol layout along with paged mode, colum spans, and
page floats. The syntax is minimal, the visual effects are stunning.

Cheers,

-h&kon
howcome at opera.com                  http://people.opera.com/howcome