[webkit-dev] Can Qt use some of the common DRT code?

Benjamin Poulain benjamin at webkit.org
Sun Feb 10 18:37:50 PST 2013

Hi,

Today, adding a support for a new function in TestRunner requires
(painfully) changing:
-WebKitTestRunner.
-Common DRT + 6 implementations (Mac, Win, GTK, EFL, WX, Blackberry).
-Chromium DRT.
-Qt DRT.
I think we can do much better. A first step is to have more common code in
DRT.

One of the differences is the way the Qt port works. Instead of using the
JSC binding APIs, it uses its own JS Qt bindings.
Would it be possible for Qt to move to the common code? It would make
future refactoring easier as there would be one less difference to care
about.

Benjamin