[webkit-dev] Testing feature suggestion: animation/interaction pixel-results "on the fly"

noam.rosenthal at nokia.com noam.rosenthal at nokia.com
Sat Feb 9 02:00:54 PST 2013

From: ext Benjamin Poulain <benjamin at webkit.org<mailto:benjamin at webkit.org>>
This is the situation I am afraid with a solution where pixels would be evaluated from JavaScript. You can test, but you lack visibility why something is correct or incorrect. Text tests, ref-tests and pixel tests have a great readability, you can quickly evaluate their correctness. This is important in my opinion, I don't think we want more opaque output like the RenderTree dump.

I am not against your plan if the readability of the tests can be good. I'd be happy to review patches toward testing dynamic changes in webpages.
We're on the same page. I'm afraid of the same thing… Let's talk specifics when a patch is available to review.