[webkit-dev] Common build system (was Re: WebKit Wishes)

Mark Mentovai mark at chromium.org
Tue Feb 5 11:55:06 PST 2013

You’re not supposed to use arbitrary Python, it’s highly discouraged. We
have a linter that keeps you from doing things you’re not supposed to do
(like this), but it slows things down, so it’s not part of the “standard”
GYP run that developers normally use. It can run as a pre-commit script or
test on the bot or something else. Used as we’re using it, GYP basically is
simple JSON, except the rules about commas are looser and # introduces
comments.